10. Towards Freedom – With several patterns to choose from, such as Soccer or Golf, and various difficulty options, it suits sports lovers and puzzlers’ alike.
9. Mancala – This ancient game is known throughout Asia and Africa. It’s great for 2 players and while the mechanics are unusual, they are easy to follow.
8. Octagon – With 100 challenges, from simple to nightmarishly hard (Genius even), this beautiful, 2 sided puzzle (2 Dimensional and 3 Dimensional) will keep them busy and challenged no matter their skill level.
7. Soma Cube – This might only be 3 Dimensional, but all 50 challenges are between Level 4 and Level 5. This one is for the Genius (or just masochistic).
6. MindFull* – While a bit more pricey at $149.95 RRP than most of our other offerings, presented in a luxurious silk box, this stunning, 2 player game is a cross between Battleship, Connect 4 and MasterMind and an absolute fave at our workshops.
* Note that price did not carry much weight in the decision process as most items average price is $30-$50 for the most part but MindFull is a premium product.
5. Tangrams – We offer 3 versions of Tangrams. Each with a slightly different target audience – but all with the same benefits: 2 sets of wood, so you can race a friend and many challenges so you never run out.With answers on the back which can be used as challenges for the very young!
Heart Tangram (42 challenges) is sweet until they need to solve it.
Chicken & Egg Tangram (54 challenges) is for the animal lovers or to engage the younger children.
Double Tangram (64 challenges) is for the more mature puzzler.
Note: Ranked 4th overall, the following 2 puzzles are our Number 1 choice for single players. They only drop down the rankings because in Lockdown, most of us have someone to play against…
4. 8 Piece Puzzle – The beauty of 8 piece puzzle (apart from the way it looks on a coffee table) is that even when you solve it, you can immediately tip it over, mix the pieces and try again. This is one of the most tactile, visually pleasing pieces in our range.
Tied for 4th – Downtown – like 8 Piece Puzzle, this is very tactile, beautiful to look at, and has multiple challenges (13 different positions for the ‘tower’ to be placed).
3. Tumble Tower – How high can you stack the pieces before the tower tumbles down? Tired of plain ‘Jenga’ and want to add a twist – try Colour Tumble Tower – with 3 different colours, roll the dice and remove the matching colour. Younger kids? Check out The Wall – similar concept but not as much dexterity required as Tumble Towers.
2. Chinese Checkers – With options for 2,3,4 or even 6 players – this fold up version is great for couples or families. Who is the best in your house? In lockdown, you have plenty of time to find out!
And our number 1, best selling boredom buster gift is:
3D X-O – (3 Dimensional Noughts and Crosses) or Tic-Tac-Toe for the yanks – but 3D. This ticks all the boxes, it’s not our high end priced product like Mindful or Octagon, it looks great on the coffee table like 8 Piece Puzzle and Downtown, it challenges you to think laterally, spatially and logically. Obviously based on the well known game of Noughts and Crosses so it is easy to learn.
So that is our Top 10 Boredom Buster. How did we go? Drop us a note if you think we missed one or got the order wrong. email@example.com